Technical Services Veterinarian – Swine
Swine Technical Services Veterinarian
Our client is focused on supporting the veterinary community in the swine industry and has maintained long-standing relationships with 200+ veterinary clinics and vertically-integrated producers of production animals across 26 states.
The team’s focus is on supporting the continued growth of existing products and partnering with distributors and sales representatives on identifying new market opportunities. We seek a swine technical services veterinarian to drive demand for its products into the swine industry by providing expert technical support to customers and building strong ties with key influences across the industry, including veterinarians, nutritionists and the academic community.
The existing product portfolio consists of proprietary products which can be uniquely delivered, creating a convenient and cost-effective solution for veterinarians.
This role has responsibility including the management of all aspects of the technical sales functions. This position will lead a cohesive and high-performance product development and commercialization strategy, will establish and lead a technical services function and collaborate with/manage the existing sales representatives and distribution to advance revenue and earnings by providing timely, expert, technical information regarding the efficacy and credible value of the company’s products.
The incumbent will support the development of new compounded formulations and medication programs with customers that will enable them to achieve maximum performance and health benefits. The incumbent will develop the commercial strategy to accelerate ramp up and adoption of new products and more deeply penetrate the swine market, and eventually adjacent production animal industries. The incumbent will assist swine production companies and veterinary clinics in the technical evaluation of production issues and then to provide logical solutions to them. The incumbent will pre-plan the early phase research and development trials done with universities, third party testing and customers utilizing them as strategic marketing tools to create future pull and product success. The incumbent will participate in the conduct of research and development trials designed to promote the use of existing and future products and develop marketing strategy to distribute peer-reviewed results. The incumbent will positively interface with industry decision makers, influencers and key academic and scientific leaders in the US swine industry to build company reputation and provide regulatory support necessary to improve compounding process, product use and labeling. The incumbent will develop preeminent sales organization and build talent to continue to grow the business. As a leadership team member, contribute to the overall growth of the business through collaboration across all functions-including with operational, regulatory and compliance functions to maintain impeccable product quality and adhere to strict regulatory guidelines.
The role reports to the Chief Executive Offer. The organization utilizes an outsources sales organization company with a swine sales manager and swine sales associates. The position is supported by a team of 15 total staff members and the expectation is the total staff will increase as the business grows and extends its product portfolio. The location of the position is flexible but needs to be near a major airport. Extensive domestic travel required, including frequent visits to headquarters and customer ride-along with members of outsourced sales organization.
We seek a results oriented commercial team leader with a distinguished technical background and renown reputation in swine health, who can not only create a compelling commercial plan, but also inspire the sales team, partners and customers to buy into it.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in progressively senior commercial leadership roles, preferably in the swine health field, with substantial experience in technical marketing and sales of prescription medication products and solutions along the swine value chain
- A track record of success in driving profitable growth, with in-depth understanding of the swine market structure, distribution system and customer base
- Expert command of swine health, including understanding of current trends and issues
- Experience working in a highly-regulated and/or compliant environment, with a familiarity with compounding processes and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage meaningful field trials
- Established rolodex of market influencers in swine health, notably swine veterinarians
- History of reliably meeting mutually agreed upon budgets and forecasts
- Direct experience developing a growing sales force (internally and externally), creating incentive programs, and prioritizing activities
- Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively with other key executives to build and maximize profitability of key product lines while appropriately minimizing risk
- Ability to rapidly evaluate situations and successfully take action as needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate customer needs and market insights to senior management
- Strong communication and persuasion skills; ability to convince partners and customers
- Creativity to identify new opportunities
- Understanding of the financial drivers of success and the customer’s business model and its implication on decision making and the relevance of technical information for that model
- Capacity to persuasively write and produce overviews, make technical presentations and convincingly provide briefings or overviews that address key technical and commercial needs associated with the technology or its use
- Deep understanding of animal health and nutrition with a primary background in swine
- Comfort working as a team player in a dynamic small company environment, including a willingness to actively participate in the product development based on customer feedback and trial results
- Familiarity with sales force training methods and customer relationship management software solutions
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit who will go the “extra mile” to ensure a sound outcome
- Unquestionable integrity; holds self and others accountable
- Proactively explores opportunities to add value
- Innovative in addressing complex problems to come up with credible, accurate and beneficial solutions
- Passionate about the swine health industry with a well-renown reputation
- Hunger for communicating with veterinarians, customers, salespeople, and distributors to meet market needs in a profitable manner
- Resilient and tenacious
- Great degree of independence without wandering off the reservation
Education Level & Qualifications
- DVM degree from an accredited university
- Advanced training and/or experience in swine health
- (Preferred Not Required) Meaningful experience as a practicing swine veterinarian and using or evaluating off-label prescriptions
- Minimum of 5-10+ years of experience in the US swine industry or equivalent experience working in the allied health industries
To be immediately considered for this opportunity, please Apply Now.Apply Now