The Pursell Group® has adopted the following policies and procedures as they relate to the use of the The Pursell Group® website.
Copyrights & Trademarks
The Pursell Group® logo is trademarked. Other graphics used throughout the site are copyrighted and used with permission of the respective owners. Site content is the sole property of The Pursell Group® and may not be reproduced in any means without the express written consent of The Pursell Group®.
The Pursell Group® respects the privacy of visitors to its Web site. The Pursell Group® strongly believes that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, that information provided online must be used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, The Pursell Group® has implemented the following policy.
What Information Does The Pursell Group® Collect?
From General Users:
The Pursell Group® does not collect any personal information from users browsing its Web site. Users to the public areas of The Pursell Group® Website browse anonymously. Only aggregate data — such as the number of hits per page–are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
From Those Requesting Information from The Pursell Group®
To receive information from The Pursell Group® regarding its services, site visitors are asked to provide some limited information. This data is submitted voluntarily. The limited information The Pursell Group® asks users to provide includes, but is not limited to, their name, organization name, address, business phone, fax and email. Candidates may be asked on the Website profile for additional information pertaining to their job search.
Users who submit a profile, resume or other type of inquiry may be added to our mailing list for our free newsletter. Any recipient of the free newsletter may unsubscribe at any time.
Information About Cookies on The Pursell
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a text file stored on your computer. Cookies store bits of information that we use to help make our site work. They can’t run any code and don’t contain viruses. No one can read our cookies except us.
- Certain cookies are essential to the proper function of this site
- We don’t track your personal activities when you’re not on The Pursell Group® sites unless you click on one of our ads on those sites
- We use analytics cookies to help us understand what content is most useful to our visitors
Types of Cookies We Use
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results
- Analytics: We track site traffic patterns with programs such as LuckyOrange.com so we can identify popular site content and potential site problems
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising on our site and on third-party sites
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Privacy Issues When Linking To Other Sites:
What We Do With the Information
The Pursell Group® is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. We take reasonable measures to keep the information you submit to us confidential.
It’s your life and your career. The issues of course are personal. When you send your resume to us, you can be assured that we will take all reasonable steps to keep your information confidential. We may share personal information with our partners, staff, researchers, search partners, or other third parties when necessary or appropriate in connection with our search services or other services. Personal information that is provided by search candidates and/or clients is included in our organization’s database for these reasons. We may share personal information with our clients as necessary or appropriate to provide them with requests for products and services. We reserve the right to disclose personal information to third party subcontractors which may include but not be limited to technology providers and business outsourcing providers in order to help support our services and business operations.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it.
The CCPA also requires us to provide a list of the “categories” of personal information we collect, as that term is defined in the law, so, here it is. In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information from California residents, depending on the Services used:
- Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Characteristics protected by law (for example, you might provide your gender as part of information provided to us);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your usage of our services);
- Geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address);
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as your profile picture, if you uploaded one);
- Professional or employment-related information (for example, information you provide in a job application or when you upload a resume); and
- Inferences we make (such as likelihood of retention or attrition).
You can find more information about what we collect in the sections above.
We collect personal information provided by you to provide our services for the business and commercial purposes described herein. And we share this information with the categories of third parties described herein.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request to know the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, the categories of third parties we share it with, and the specific pieces of information we collect about you;
- Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
- Opt out of any sale of personal information; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Exercising Your Rights
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes the rights of California residents under CCPA and provides information on how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (otherwise known as a data portability request); and
- Two separate lists where we have sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose:
- Sales: identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose: identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collect from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Right to Know, Data Portability and Right to Deletion), we will delete (and direct our services providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relations with you or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Right to Know, Data Portability and Right to Deletion
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit verifiable consumer requests to us by contacting us as described in the How to Reach Us section below.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable request for access to data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot: (i) verify your identity or authority to make the request; and (ii) confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Opting Out from the Sale of Personal Information
We do not consider that the performance of our Services constitutes a ‘sale of personal information’ under the CCPA. Instead, in the course of performing our Services, we disclose personal information for business purposes.
However, we aim to provide consumers with control over the collection and use of their personal information. Consistent with this goal, we will honor requests from consumers to “opt-out” of the collection and disclosure of their personal information.
If you are concerned about this then you may contact us as described in the How to Reach Us section to exercise your right to “opt-out.”
We will not discriminate against you because you exercise your rights. For example, we will not deny you goods or services or charge you a different price or rate for goods or services if you make an access, deletion, or do not sell request.
Minors and Children
Our Services and the Websites are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18 years. The Pursell Group®® does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register to use our Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data of a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data to the extent required by applicable law as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal data from or about a child under 13, please contact us as described in the How to Reach Us section of this policy.
How to Reach Us