Determine Your Priorities
- Your home and career life are firmly planted. Is it fair to ask your family to uproot their lives for the sake of your career?
- Gauge what is most important by asking yourself the following questions:
- Is this position more beneficial for my family in regard to income and benefits?
- Will our children be able to adjust to the move?
- Will this part of the country that we are moving to benefit my family?
- Will my spouse be able to find a job?
- Will this position be essential for furthering my career? Or not?
- What will we gain or lose by moving?
Now is the time to do some soul-searching and discuss the options with your family. Research the area where you would be relocating. After doing these things, you should be closer to a decision.